Al Strathdee was first elected Mayor in 2014 and is now serving his second term. He is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University, with an Honours BA in History and Political Science and also is a graduate of the University of Ottawa with a Bachelor of Education. Al is a business small operator and has always been actively involved in several community organizations. Al and his wife Gloria have three children. Al enjoys travel, music and spending time with family.
- The first part begins with you, as we introduce you as the guest.
- Who are you? Your path to becoming Mayor of St Mary’s
- Describe your municipality as a whole. Paint a picture for someone who has not been to your town or community before or has only seen it as a sign on the side of a road.
- What is working, and what is not, what are you building towards?
- What is your region, how does the relationship work with Upper level government in Perth County
- Finally, how does your community fit into SW Ontario as a whole?
The second part of the show we dig into more specific discussions.
- In the 2021 Census St Mary’s grew by 1.7% while Perth County grew by 6.2%, what are you taking from that growth pattern?
- Housing is “THE ISSUE” across the province. How is it impacting St Mary’s?
- I like to assume that COVID is getting close to wrapping up. What should we be watching in St Mary’s in 2022
- If you could wave a policy magic wand, could change one thing municipally Provincially or Federally what would you change?
- What is an event or reason for a listener to come to your community in the next few months?