Al Strathdee was first elected Mayor in 2014 and is now serving his second term. He is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University, with an Honours BA in History and Political Science and also is a graduate of the University of Ottawa with a Bachelor of Education. Al is a business small operator and has always been actively involved in several community organizations. Al and his wife Gloria have three children. Al enjoys travel, music and spending time with family.
Tune in Thursday night at 7pm!
- The first part begins with you, as we introduce you as the guest.
- Who are you? Your path to becoming Mayor of St Mary’s
- Describe your municipality as a whole. Paint a picture for someone who has not been to your town or community before or has only seen it as a sign on the side of a road.
- What is working, and what is not, what are you building towards?
- What is your region, how does the relationship work with Upper level government in Perth County
- Finally, how does your community fit into SW Ontario as a whole?
The second part of the show we dig into more specific discussions.
- In the 2021 Census St Mary’s grew by 1.7% while Perth County grew by 6.2%, what are you taking from that growth pattern?
- Housing is “THE ISSUE” across the province. How is it impacting St Mary’s?
- I like to assume that COVID is getting close to wrapping up. What should we be watching in St Mary’s in 2022
- If you could wave a policy magic wand, could change one thing municipally Provincially or Federally what would you change?
- What is an event or reason for a listener to come to your community in the next few months?